About Julep: Far from your average beauty brand, Julep is an innovative startup beauty company that’s built around fostering conversation rather competition. We’re redefining the culture of beauty, making our own rules, and having a lot of fun along the way. Everything Julep does as a company is grounded in the power of women emboldening other women and taking a more collaborative and social approach to beauty. BRAVE PRETTY isn’t just a tagline; it’s the ethos that guides everything we do.
If you’re the type who truly thrives on making a positive impact, this fun and energetic office with a great work-life balance just may be for you!
About the Position: Julep is seeking a highly motivated and talented Staff Accountant to be a key contributor to our Accounting team. The candidate will assist in the day-to-day accounting operations, data analysis and monthly closing processes. The ideal candidate will be detailed-oriented self-starter, technically brilliant, display good judgment and have a demonstrated history as a top-tier performer. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
What you'll do:
• Month-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
• Perform daily accounting tasks, including assisting with inventory receipts and adjustments, reconciliation and research of inventory price variances, accounts receivable, invoicing, bank deposits, insurance and 401(K) contributions
• Assist in preparation of tax filings and supporting schedules
• Accounting and data analysis to support the Company’s estimates related to sales returns, shipping periods and inventory.
• Assist in the design and implementation of key internal controls
• Prepare audit schedules and other documentation to support the independent auditors’ annual audits.
• Other projects and initiatives as needed.
What you get:
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
• Paid time off and company holidays
• Enjoy a discount online
• Subsidized gym membership
• A chance to try out our products with our monthly complimentary product give away
• Enjoy your birthday off
• Subsidized lunch daily
• Fresh fruit and snacks
• A chance to make a difference in the lives of women with our Powered by Girlfriends philanthropic work
• Fun environment with work/life balance
What you need:
• BA or BS in Accounting
• Minimum one year accounting experience
• Strong knowledge of general accounting, financial reporting and GAAP concepts
• Proficiency in Excel
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete assignments within deadlines
• Ability to write and communicate effectively
• Familiarity with accounting systems. NetSuite knowledge a plus
• CPA or public accounting experience a plus
Julep Beauty, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.