About Julep: Far from your average beauty brand, Julep is an innovative startup beauty company that’s built around fostering conversation rather competition. We’re redefining the culture of beauty, making our own rules, and having a lot of fun along the way. Everything Julep does as a company is grounded in the power of women emboldening other women and taking a more collaborative and social approach to beauty. BRAVE PRETTY isn’t just a tagline; it’s the ethos that guides everything we do.
If you’re the type who truly thrives on making a positive impact, this fun and energetic office with a great work-life balance just may be for you!
About the Position: The ideal User Experience Designer is passionate about creating compelling products and experiences that are beautiful, intuitive, engaging, and accessible. You strive to learn about user behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences that are both cohesive and reflects the brand. You are an integral part in gathering research, insights and best practices to inspire and inform design across platforms.
The User Experience designer will report into the Senior Designer & Creative Director. This role will collaborate with fellow designers & copywriters. In addition, will work with cross-functional teams (Engineering & Business) to develop user-centered designs & experiences online for desktop & mobile.
What you’ll do:
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand and user requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Creatives, Engineers, Business teams to understand dependencies & deliver final products
- Capable of low and high-fidelity prototyping to demonstrate interaction & test with users
- Experiment & Test designs using a lean, lightweight approach
- Understands social, technical and behavioral factors that impact the User Experience to provide viable solutions
- Provide design deliverables and hands-on project work (user flows, wire frame, use cases) for development team
What you need:
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Sketch)
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product) HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3 years of experience (from agency or brand is preferred)
- Experience collaborating with engineering on technical implementation
- Retail/E-commerce design experience
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms (desktop and mobile, Android and iOS)
- Problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS
- Portfolio that includes: wireframes, interaction flows, high-fidelity screen shots, and design specs
- Manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task while collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other designers in an iterative environment
What you get:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid time off and company holidays
- A chance to try out our products with our monthly complimentary product give away and a 30% employee discount
- Enjoy your birthday off
- Subsidized gym membership and daily lunches
- Healthy snacks
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of women with our Powered by Girlfriends philanthropic work
- Fun environment with work/life balance
Julep Beauty, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.