About Julep: Far from your average beauty brand, Julep is an innovative startup beauty company that’s built around fostering conversation rather competition. We’re redefining the culture of beauty, making our own rules, and having a lot of fun along the way. Everything Julep does as a company is grounded in the power of women emboldening other women and taking a more collaborative and social approach to beauty. BRAVE PRETTY isn’t just a tagline; it’s the ethos that guides everything we do.
If you’re the type who truly thrives on making a positive impact, this fun and energetic office with a great work-life balance just may be for you!
About the Position:
Julep’s Creative team is looking for a talented Copywriter who thinks creatively, is passionate about beauty and knows how to say a lot in few words.
As part of our in-house creative team, the Copywriter will partner with the Senior Copywriter and cross-functional teams in proposing concepts and producing copy for a variety of projects.
The ideal candidate is a thoughtful, inspired writer with excellent organizational and communications skills -- one who can articulate ideas or solutions. The copywriter must have experience in project ownership, managing multiple projects with attention to detail, understand business & creative objectives to produce quality work while meeting deadlines.
If you are a self starter with a passion for beauty and engaging with women, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Partners closely with the Senior Copywriter, Designers, and cross-functional teams on projects.
- Executes clean, detail-oriented, on-brief copy for promotions, acquisition ads, subscription program, blog & social content, and ecommerce.
- Implements and upholds the Julep brand voice across all channels.
- Attends weekly project kickoffs, examines various types of project briefs, paying close attention to objectives and copy requests.
- Processes feedback from key stakeholders and presents back solutions or questions to stakeholder and/or manager.
- Partners with the design team to ensure copy is correctly flowed into design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions.
- Takes ownership of deadlines and follows project schedules and updates.
- Stays current on beauty industry trends, social sentiment and competitors.
- This position reports to the Senior Copywriter.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
- 3-5 years related experience
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills (copy test may be given during interview)
- Experience with writing for a brand, brand positioning, and brand voice
- Must be extremely detail oriented, organized and be able to multi-task multiple projects
- Excellent verbal skills and collaborative attitude
- Proven track record of delivering quality work on time
- Take ownership of the quality and timeliness of work
- Previous experience at interactive, advertising, or marketing/creative agency a plus
- Previous beauty industry experience a plus
What you get:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid time off and company holidays
- A chance to try out our products with our monthly complimentary product give away and a 30% employee discount
- Enjoy your birthday off
- Subsidized gym membership and daily lunches
- Healthy snacks
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of women with our Powered by Girlfriends philanthropic work
- Fun environment with work/life balance
Julep Beauty, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.